One of NFRC's main functions is to promulgate technical standards that establish uniform procedures for determining the various energy performance ratings: including U-factor, Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC), Visible Transmittance (VT), and Condensation Resistance.
2014 (Current Document Cycle) - Revised April 2014
NFRC 2014 documents have been approved by NFRC membership and The Board of Directors for publication. Implementation date for 2014 rating system was April 2014.
For NFRC Certification of fenestration products, either WINDOW5/THERM5 or WINDOW6/THERM6 may be used for the simulation of those products. However, after July 1, 2011 only WINDOW6/THERM6 will be authorized for NFRC Certification.
Note: Errata or addendums will be noted in the footer of each documents. e.g. [E1A0] would mean that there is one errata published to the original document.
- ANSI/NFRC 100 - 2014_E0A1 Procedure for Determining Fenestration Product U-factors (November 2015)
- NFRC 100A-2014_E1A0 Procedure for Determining Fenestration Attachment Product U-factors (March 2015)
- NFRC 101-2014_E0A17 Procedure for Determining Thermophysical Properties of Materials for Use in NFRC-Approved Software (March 2016)
- NFRC 102 - 2014_E1A1 Procedure for Measuring the Steady-State Thermal Transmittance of Fenestration Systems (March 2015)
- ANSI/NFRC 200 - 2014_E0A0 Procedure for Determining Fenestration Product Solar Heat Gain Coefficient and Visible Transmittance at Normal Incidence(October 2014)
- NFRC 200A-2014 E1A0 Procedure for Determining Fenestration Attachment Product Solar Heat Gain Coefficient and Visible Transmittance at Normal Incidence (March 2015)
- NFRC 201 - 2014_E1A1 Procedure for Interim Standard Test Method for Measuring Solar Heat Gain Coefficient of Fenestration Systems Using Calorimetry Hot Box Methods (March 2015)
- NFRC 202-2014_E1A0 Procedure for Determining Translucent Fenestration Product Visible Transmittance at Normal Incidence (March 2015)
- NFRC 203-2014_E2A2 Procedure for Determining Visible Transmittance of Tubular Daylighting Devices (March 2015)
- NFRC 300 - 2014_E1A0 Test Method for Determining the Solar Optical Properties of Glazing Materials and Systems (March 2015)
- NFRC 301 - 2014_E0A1 Standard Test Method for Emittance of Specular Surfaces Using Spectrometric Measurements (February 2014)
- NFRC 302 - 2010_E1A0 Verification Program for Optical Spectral Data (July 2013)
- NFRC 303 - 2014_E0A0 Constructing a Laminate in Optics5 (December 2015)
- NFRC 304 - 2014_E0A0 Creating an Applied Film Layer in Optics for NFRC Certification (December 2015)
- ANSI/NFRC 400 - 2014_E0A0 Procedure for Determining Fenestration Product Air Leakage (October 2014)
- NFRC 500 - 2014_E1A0 Procedure for Determining Fenestration Product Condensation Resistance Values (March 2015)
- NFRC 501 - 2014_E1A0 User Guide to the Procedure for Determining Fenestration Product Condensation Resistance Rating Values (Formerly NFRC 500 User's Guide) (March 2015)
- NFRC 600 - 2010_E2A1 Glossary and Terminology (July 2013)
- NFRC 601 - 2010_E1A1 NFRC Unit and Measurement Policy (July 2013)
- NFRC 901 - 2014_E0A0 Guidelines to Estimate the Effects of Fenestration on Heating and Cooling Energy Consumption in Single Family Residences (April 2014)
- NFRC Software Approval Guidelines (July 2006)
WINDOW7/THERM 7 Version
Visit the CPD Info page to download manuals, upload spreadsheets, issue and request forms, and FAQs.
2001/2004 Interpretations (Not Current)