CPD Software Notes
This page contains details on the maintenance and updates to the Certified Products Directory (CPD). In addition to updates that have been implemented, any information on upcoming maintenance and CPD updates will be available here as well.
March 17, 2017 -- CPD Maintenance Completion:
Thermal Test U-factor(st) is now displayed in the validation match and validation comparison pages, and the U-factor(s) has been removed from these steps.
Product Line Generation button is removed when a lab report has been queued for product line generation, this will prevent an upload from being queued multiple times and from occupying space in the expansion service to allow the next upload in line to be run in the queue.
The CPD was modified to accept simple addendums to an Identical Rating Value (IRV) grouped product line so that the simple addendum is converted by the CPD when published.
CPD servers have been reviewed and additional resources have been assigned to provide uninterrupted service to users. Items include:
removal of unused uploads that exceed the certification time period;
allocating additional resources to expand two additional uploads through the expansion service making a total of five large or small reports to be expanded into a product line at one time; and
updates to the database to increase efficiency when opening large uploads to pull the data faster.
Maintenance -- From January 20, 2017, at 9:00 p.m. (EST) to January 23, 2017, at 8:00 a.m. (EST). The bulletin announcing the downtime may be reviewed HERE.
Large Product Line Project - Final Phase-- Released June 27, 2016
The CPD will be down for maintenance to implement these changes from June 23, 2016, at 8:00 p.m. (EDT) until June 27, 2016, at 8:00 a.m. (EDT). More information on these changes, including sample screen shots, may be found on the CPD Project Page under "Group Pages."
- New Features
- Remains the Same
- New Spreadsheet Requirements
1. New Features
- All header information is located at the top left for streamlined completion, and CPD input.
- The data-check button has been merged across the full page for quick access at any point.
- Upon completion of the spreadsheet in excel version, the user will need to save the file as a “csv” file type.
- The separating lines feature between groupings has been removed.
- Accepts 2014 Rating Procedure.
- All data headers are the same. The fields and columns below the header remains the same for minimal system changes.
- All codes are the same and shall be entered in the same manner.
- Symbols previously accepted are still able to be entered: i.e.: forward slash “/” for gas fill; commas “,” for grouping (see “New Requirements” for comma exception).
- The CSV file type allows the CPD to store the data directly in the database, and not be limited to the Excel file capabilities, plus it reduces the storage requirements of NFRC servers.
- Simulation laboratories will be able to take advantage of the number of rows in Excel (1 million+) and not have to break-up files unless the product line exceeds the row capacity.
- Transitioning to a CSV file type will include an integrated Lab Report Verification System (LRVS) at the upload process. This eliminates the separate login for verification testing.
- Data macro checks remain the same; however, some were updated and additional macro checks have been added to improve user entry prior to uploading to the CPD.
4. New Spreadsheet Requirements
- Groupings will not be separated with commas. Laboratories can continue to use the comma but the macro-check will automatically convert all commas to a pipe symbol (|).
- Laboratories will work in Excel but must save the file as a CSV file type for uploading to the CPD.